- On-site lab: complete blood count, rapid strep, urinalysis, influenza rapid test, mononucleosis test
- Routine X-ray services (chest and extremities)
- Treatment of wounds and burns
- Evaluation for broken bones – splinting and stabilization only
- Asthma therapy
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Treatment of common childhood illnesses – colds, flu, strep, etc.
- Sports injury initial evaluation and treatment
- Pain relief
- Inform primary physician via fax of recent visit including X-ray, labs, diagnosis and treatment the day following treatment
- Immunizations – we offer limited immunizations – those associated with a Sports Physical, Tdap as necessary for wound treatment and flu vaccine.
- If after your child is examined and an assessment determines that your child needs to be admitted to a hospital, we will contact your primary physician to make arrangements for admission to a hospital.
- Committed to excellent care – Established by experienced pediatricians recognizing the need for an after hours facility that will provide the same level of care as you receive in your primary physician’s office.
- Board certified providers – Our pediatricians and pediatric nurse practitioners are all board certified and nurses are licensed by the State of Texas to provide you with the assurance that you are receiving quality care from an experienced team.
- Communications with your Primary Physician– We inform he primary physician of your recent visit including X-ray, labs, diagnosis and treatment. We communicate via email or fax within 24 hours to your primary physician so that they know the condition of your child and can include the written diagnosis and treatment provided by the Pediatrics After Hours facility in your child’s permanent chart.
The Pediatrics After Hours facility in Plano opened in August 2007. The Dallas location was opened in November of 2008, and Garland in September 2011 The goal of Pediatrics After Hours was to provide convenient, cost-effective, quality care to pediatric patients in the Collin County area at times when their regular pediatrician was not open. Patients would be referred back to their regular pediatrician for followup and continuity of care using the diagnosis and treatment information provided by our facility. With the excellent feedback provided by patients and referring pediatricians for the Plano facility, the Dallas location was opened in November of 2008.
Super friendly staff, in and out quickly and the same co-pay as at our regular pediatrician. Highest marks for Pediatrics After Hours-Meghan, mother of Logan
Super friendly staff, in and out quickly and the same co-pay as at our regular pediatrician. Highest marks for Pediatrics After HoursWe’ve taken Maggie and Mitchell to Pediatrics After Hours for years. With both of us working, it’s a life saver. Caring pediatricians and fast service are an added bonus.-Wendy, Frisco mom
Our first visit was for our daughter, Hillary, and it was a great experience. Tests were run, treatment and prescriptions completed, all within an hour. I give Pediatrics After Hours my highest recommendation.-Cindy, Mother in Dallas