Plan Your Visit
As you know, visiting the ER after-hours is bound to be the busiest time, so not only will you experience long wait times, but unforeseen billing is typical. Simply visit Pediatric After Hours for immediate care for your sick child; no appointment necessary! We’ll take care of your ill child from birth through age 21, and we always send a written follow-up to your regular pediatrician to maintain excellent continuity of care. On-site labs and x-rays allow us to diagnose a wide range of illnesses not normally handled by a regular doctor’s office.
BRAND NEW: Pediatrics After Hours is now providing well care, including school physicals, routine check-ups, and immunizations, to Medicaid patients and some private insurance patients at our Garland location only.
SPORTS & CAMP PHYSICALS are available at all four locations for a flat fee of $45.
Before You Arrive
We’re here to provide excellent care to meet your schedule, whether it’s a planned visit or needed treatment of an illness that came up suddenly. No appointment is needed, but if you want to schedule a time to be seen, please call and speak with our office closest to you during business hours or check-in online.
- Please bring a valid ID, your insurance card, and a payment method (cash, check, or credit card).
- Don’t want to wait? Take advantage of our online check-in or call-ahead program and wait from the comfort of your home.
- Decrease your wait time by filling out your new patient paperwork online prior to your visit. You can also choose to fill out your paperwork on arrival.
Paying For Your Visit
- Private Insurance Plans- All major insurance plans are accepted.
- Medicaid and CHIP Plans- Medicaid plans accepted at our Garland and Arlington locations.
- Cash Discount– For patients who have health insurance with a carrier with which we do not have a contract, a cash discount is available.
- Patient Co-pay – We never charge expensive ER co-pays. Patients who have a co-pay plan will pay either their urgent care co-pay or their regular office visit co-pay.
- Cost Estimates- We never want you to be surprised by what you owe, so we always verify insurance benefits before you are seen and inform you of what you can expect to pay at check-out.
- Payment Plans – We offer payment plan options for cash-pay patient and for patients with high deductibles
We refer patients needing hospital care to the facility recommended by their physician. This includes:
- Medical Center of Plano
- Presbyterian Hospital of Plano
- Centennial Hospital
- Children’s Medical Center North
- Children’s Medical Center Dallas
- Medical City Children’s Hospital
Insurances Plans Accepted
We Make After-Hours Pediatric Care Affordable
At Pediatrics After Hours our goal is to ensure your child receives the best possible pediatric care at an affordable cost. We provide exceptional medical attention from board-certified pediatricians and board-certified pediatric nurse practitioners during the hours your child’s normal pediatrician is not available. Any child aging 0-21 are welcome at our four facilities located throughout Collin County, Dallas County, and Tarrant County! *HMO’s – not all participants are covered. You may require an authorization/referral from your primary care physician. If you have questions about your HMO plan, call our office to have one of our friendly team-members explain your benefit options.
- Tricare Health Insurance
- United Healthcare (all products)*
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO/POS
- Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO*
- Cigna (all products)*
- Scott & White
- Aetna HMO*- Option II
- Aetna PPO- Option II
- Plan Vista PPO (NPPN)
- Multiplan (PHCS) Savility
- Multiplan (PHCS) PPO
- Jefferson Independence Card
- Independent Medical Systems- PPO
- HealthSmart Preferred PPO
- HealthSmart- GEPO*
- HealthSmart Accel
- Health Management Network PPO
- Galaxy Health Network PPO
- FedMed PPO
- First Health PPO
- ChoiceCare (Humana) PPO
- ChoiceCare (Humana) Concentric
- Beech Street PPO
- Beech Street Memberworks
- Averde Health
- Aetna HMO*- Option II
- Aetna PPO- Option II
- Medicaid and CHIP plans are accepted at our Garland and Arlington locations.
- Amerigroup Texas Medicaid Star and CHIP programs are accepted at all four locations
We also accept most of the plans offered by the following insurance carriers, though we may not be enrolled on some of the smaller networks. Call ahead to find out if your specific plan provides in-network benefits at our facility. If you are a co-pay patient, you will only owe your regular office visit co-pay or urgent care co-pay. Our patients are never asked to pay the expensive ER copays that are charged at other urgent care facilitates. We accept various payment types, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, debit cards, and more. Contact us if you have any questions regarding insurance or payment forms.
- All Savers
- Definity Health
- Employers Direct
- Fiserv Health
- Golden Rule
- GPA (Group & Pension Administrators)
- Greatwest Healthcare
- Health Net
- Health Partners
- Harvard Pilgram
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan
- Meritain Health
- Oxford Health Plan
- Quik Trip
- Rivery Valley
- Scott & White Health
- Web TPA
CASH DISCOUNTS & PAYMENT PLANS
Pediatrics After Hours also offers steep discounts to cash-paying patients. We also have payment plan options available. Call us for cash-pay discount rates.
We accept Medicaid at our Garland and Arlington locations. In addition to our normal services for sick children, we also provide check-ups, immunizations, and general well-care services to Medicaid patients at our Garland location only. Unfortunately, we do not yet accept Medicaid at our Dallas and Plano offices.
Pediatric Offices Accepting Medicaid in the Garland and Arlington Areas
Pediatrics After Hours believes that all children deserve excellent medical care, regardless of ability to pay. That’s why we’re proud to announce that we now accept Medicaid and Chip at our Garland and Arlington locations. See the list below to find out if we accept the Medicaid plan that you’re on, or call our Garland or Arlington offices to have a friendly staff member review your Medicaid benefits with you.
Don’t have Medicaid or private insurance? Don’t worry- we offer discounts to cash-paying patients too. Call for details!
BRAND NEW: Need a great pediatrician for regular check-ups? Pediatrics After Hours is now providing well-care services to Medicaid patients at our Garland location! Click here for details.
Medicaid Plans Accepted
- TMHP/Traditional Medicaid
- Cook Children’s CHIP
- Cook Children’s STAR
- Amerigroup STAR
- Amerigroup CHIP
- Aetna Better Health STAR
- Aetna Better Health CHIP
- Molina Star
- Molina Chip
- Children’s Medical Health Plan
Medicaid is only accepted at our Garland and Arlington locations. Our Plano and Dallas locations do not currently participate with these plans.
We currently do not accept Parkland Medicaid, Superior Health Medicaid, or Texas Children’s Health Plan.
When you visit us, you won’t face expensive ER copays or long wait times. We accept all major insurance plans, as well as offer cash discounts for individuals who without insurance coverage. Medicaid is only accepted at our Garland and Arlington locations. Contact us today!
Call Today to Schedule an Appointment for After Hours Care!